If you’re a bride or groom, it can be tough to choose the perfect theme for your big day. You want something that suits both of your interests and personalities. There are so many different wedding themes out there, from rustic chic to glam Hollywood! But choosing a specific theme for your wedding can be challenging. You have to think about several other things that will match with your selected wedding theme.
In this blog post, we’ll be looking at some common wedding themes and what they entail.
- Traditional: This is by far the oldest wedding theme. A traditionally themed wedding often has a color scheme that’s composed entirely of white, with accents in black or gold. Some traditional wedding themes also have soft colors, such as pink or lavender, that represent romance and love. You’ll find lots of hearts on these types of cakes as well as flowers arranged throughout the venue. The cake is also usually decorated to match the theme and colors used for this type of wedding. You can choose this theme for you, and your spouse wants to make your guests feel like they’re walking through a romantic wonderland.
- Rustic Chic: If you are looking for a rustic-themed wedding, this may be just what you need! Rustic chic weddings emphasize natural materials such as wood, dried flower arrangements, pumpkins with candles inside them rather than floral centerpieces at tables, and other handmade items instead of store-bought decorations.
- Glam Hollywood: Glam Hollywood-themed weddings are great if you would like your event to evoke a modern, luxurious feel. These weddings feature lit chandeliers, crystal ornaments, and lots of mirrors. Additionally, the glam Hollywood theme might work well if you are looking for a wedding that will have a high-energy, electric feeling.
- Mountain Wedding: If you want your wedding to take place on top of the mountain with panoramic views, this might be a good theme for you! The venue would have to be planned out ahead of time so guests can hike up the mountainside, but it’s sure to make an unforgettable day for everyone involved. Mountain-themed weddings often feature fir trees, wildflowers, and mossy rocks, which give off a natural feel. Cades Cove weddings are one of the popular themes that many nature lovers are drawn to.
In many cases, the Mountain wedding theme would be different from a “desert” or “beach” wedding because of its more natural elements and lack of sand in sight! If you are looking for a low-key vibe with some outdoor activity, then this might work well for you.
- Romantic: This type of wedding theme is perfect for newlyweds who want an elegant affair. These types of weddings are generally as simple or elaborate as you want them to be, but they all have one thing in common; they’re romantic! Romantic-style weddings can take on any number of different styles, from rustic chic to glam Hollywood.
- FairyTale: If you have always admired fairy tales and want your wedding to be dreamy, then this theme is the best pick for you. These types of weddings are typically light and airy, with lots of floral details in the decor. You can choose a beautiful wedding dress and suit that replicates the look and feel of a princess and a prince.
- Country: If you are looking for a wedding that is both rustic yet still has an elegant feeling to it, then this theme will suit your needs. These types of weddings generally have earth tones as the main colors in the decor with lots of floral accents. You can also choose to incorporate some vintage features into these types of weddings.
- Eastern: If you’d like to have a wedding that reflects your cultural heritage but don’t want it to be too over-the-top, then an Eastern theme might just work for you. These types of weddings often feature bright colors like pink or green and include Indian music as well as other traditional touches from India.
- Western: A Western-themed wedding is all about celebrating one’s American cowboy roots! The idea is “rugged elegance,” which means there will be plenty of leather goods (think boots) used during your special day while still remaining elegant enough for any new bride who wants her guests dressed nicely!
Tips for choosing perfect wedding themes:
It’s important to know what type of wedding you want before choosing a theme. If you’re having a rustic wedding, for example, then it might not be the best idea to go with an Eastern-themed one because they often have more traditional Indian touches that don’t really fit in well with the rest of your event.
- Narrow down your choice: When choosing the perfect wedding theme, it’s important to narrow down your list of ideas. If you have a ton of different themes that are all appealing in their own way, it might be best to choose two or three and then work from there. This will give you ample time to research each option before making any final decisions!
- Customize and Personalize the theme: If you want to really personalize your wedding, then take the time to customize your theme. For example, if you’re having a winter wedding, then it might make sense for you to have a Christmas-themed one!
- Consider your color preferences: Having your color included in your wedding theme is a great way to tie things together. You can choose your colors based on the color of your wedding dress, or you could opt for an eclectic mix that includes different shades and hues!
- Consider other details: Some people put a lot of thought into every detail when it comes time to plan their wedding day. If this sounds like you, then consider adding some special touches such as signage with custom fonts, personalized invitations in lieu of traditional ones, and even fun items from popular movies or TV shows related to what type of theme you’re going with!
- Include the groom: If you’re unsure about what type of wedding theme to choose, consider including the groom in your decision-making process. What are his thoughts on different themes? Does he have any preferences or dislikes?
There are many different types of wedding themes that suit every bride and groom, so don’t worry if you can’t figure out which one will work best!
Image Source: BigStockPhoto.com (Licensed)
Related Categories: Weddings, Reviews