If you get charged with a severe felony offense, it is usually the result of your actions. However, the actions of others can also lead to charges against you. For example, if you get charged with operating an unlicensed business, you should seek legal help immediately. Such an act is considered a separate crime called Aggravated Unlicensed Operation of a Motor Vehicle.

Moreover, It penalizes not only a person but also any businesses that operate without the required license from the SCC Department of Revenue. As such, you must take steps as soon as possible to learn more about your specific circumstances and find competent legal representation for your case. For legal representation, you can hire a Brooklyn Traffic Ticket Lawyer. This article will discuss how to deal with aggravated unlicensed operations.

Understand the severity of the charge.

The charge is a class B felony and carries a possible sentence of up to 7 years in prison. This offense is not only punishable by imprisonment but also by a fine. For example, if you get caught operating an unlicensed business for two weeks, you can be fined thousands of $. This charge’s severity should not get taken lightly, as it will impact your future endeavors.

Moreover, it can also be an obstacle while trying to find housing or employment following release from jail. However, this crime is a legal concern that warrants the attention of competent legal defense team members. Therefore, you must act quickly to protect yourself from further penalties that could hinder your daily life.

Aggravated unlicensed operation

Businesses need to have a firm logical understanding of their operations’ laws and regulations. The lack of knowledge and understanding can lead to significant penalties, such as fines and jail time, which is a substantial expense that is not worth the risk. If you get charged with an aggravated unlicensed operation crime, you must take immediate legal action.

Moreover, your charge may be plea bargained down to a misdemeanor or dismissed entirely if you take appropriate action before your case goes to trial. The process of defending yourself against such charges can be simple or complicated, depending on the circumstances of your case.

Suspended driver’s license

A conviction for aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle will lead to the suspension of your driver’s license for a maximum of six months. In addition, you will be subject to fines and other fees. Therefore, if you get charged with this crime, you must seek legal help immediately. You can hire a Brooklyn traffic ticket lawyer.

Conditional license

A conditional license is a form of license that allows the holder to operate a business until the court makes a final hearing decision in their case. It can be helpful if you need temporary work or something else. It’s also important because it will help you maintain your livelihood, even if you face criminal charges for operating an unlicensed business.

Moreover, some conditions must get met, such as having no prior convictions or pending criminal charges and not having any other civil claims against them. You may be eligible for a conditional license if you meet these requirements. But keep in mind that the only action that can allow someone to obtain a conditional license is through diversion.

Diversion is when a defendant agrees with law enforcement not to go to trial and instead agrees to complete other tasks while they await sentencing on their case. One option is completing community service hours, which can last up to three years. If someone completes these hours, they will still have a chance at obtaining this conditional license after their probation period.

Another option for gaining this type of conditional license is entering into diversion programs offered by SCC courts. These programs usually involve community service but require drug treatment, anger management classes, and substance abuse education classes.

Pay A Fine.

You will face a fine if you get convicted of Aggravated Unlicensed Operation of a Motor Vehicle. If the fine gets not paid in full, you could have a sentence of one year in jail. Additionally, convicted individuals can lose their driving privileges or obtain a driver’s license for ten years after their conviction.

It means they may be unable to operate a motor vehicle during this period. Ultimately, you must contact an attorney as soon as possible to begin preparing your defense strategy to remain free from the consequences of this charge on your life.

Legal Help.

An attorney can explain the charges against you and help you decide whether or not you should plead guilty to have the charges reduced. They will also provide valuable legal advice to help you through the process. If you are facing a trial, an attorney will be able to help you build a strong defense in your case. They can assure that your rights are protected by following the proper procedures and ensuring your side of the story gets heard.

Moreover, they will also know what evidence is available at trial and how to use it to defend themselves in court. The consequences of a conviction under this law could be lengthy jail time and hefty fines. Therefore, it is all-important that you find competent legal counsel as soon as possible.

Besides, a skilled attorney can also expedite your case because they understand how the courts work and their resources. For example, a misdemeanor charge can lead to jail and fines up to fine for individuals and businesses charged with operating without licensing from the SCC Department of Revenue.


You do not have to rely solely on your understanding of the law. Instead, you should consult with an attorney to learn more about your specific circumstances and determine whether any defenses apply to your case. For example, one issue with this type of case may be whether the charges against you are justifiable. In that case, you may be able to use certain defenses, such as those stemming from entrapment or mistake.

However, if the charges against you stem from your actions on a particular date, you will have fewer options for filing a successful defense. Luckily, these cases can sometimes be cleared quickly by filing a motion for dismissal or plea agreement. Nevertheless, you should talk to an attorney about these actions as soon as possible before it becomes too late. In addition, you can take legal advice from a Brooklyn traffic ticket lawyer.

Image Source: BigStockPhoto.com (Licensed)


Related Categories: Legal, Reviews