Planning a trip to Miami? You’re in luck! Miami is home to some of the most unique art, delicious food, gorgeous beaches, and exciting activities in the country.
Even locals will have a hard time saying that their city doesn’t have every element of the perfect vacation.
We’ve gathered some of Miami’s must-have experiences and attractions for you to consider on your next trip. You don’t want to miss any of the top Miami Beach activities. Happy vacationing!
Miami Beach Landmarks
Miami is a city of vibrant history and culture, from its bustling streets to its famous landmarks. Discover more about the city and the people within it during a day trip to some of its iconic areas.
- Miami Beach’s Art Deco historic district is located on Ocean Drive, Washington Avenue, and Collins Avenue. Home to whimsical buildings with interesting decor, like fountains and statues, the Art Deco district is a symbol of the 1920s and 30s. Although the era is long gone, the district certainly keeps the memories alive.
- Española Way is a small part of Miami located between 14th and 16th street. Known for its art galleries and novelty shops, the street is also home to restaurants featuring traditional Spanish dishes.
- Lincoln Road is the best of both worlds. Featuring Art Deco architecture and modern Miami style, this pedestrian-only street is home to a shopping district with stores that will appeal to everyone. Spanish and Italian restaurants line the outside of stores from Zara to Garmin.
- Miami Beach’s botanical garden is a 2.6-acre urban green space filled with luscious trees, plants, and tropical fauna. In the middle of South Beach, this urban oasis is filled with native plants that will give you a true understanding of Miami’s natural beauty.
Relax in Miami Beach’s World-Class Spas
You wouldn’t be on vacation if you didn’t have the chance to get pampered. Luckily, Miami Beach is home to world-class spas that will leave you feeling more relaxed than you could have ever imagined.
- Acqualina Spa is a 20,000 square foot facility with every amenity imaginable. Its Zen atmosphere is equipped with holistic, restorative, and meditative treatments that will allow you to treat yourself in any way you imagine. The spa offers services including aromatherapy, yoga classes, and an outdoor terrace retreat.
- Bamford Wellness Spa was voted Florida’s Best Hotel Spa by the World 2020 Spa Awards, and for good reason – it offers holistic treatments famous for relaxing the body, mind, and spirit. Its massages are the perfect way to end a day at the beach. Even better, its products are made from organic ingredients designed for a sustainable spa experience.
- The Lapis Spa at Fontainebleau offers a taste of the tropical life with ocean-inspired wraps, mineral pools, and eucalyptus steam baths. Sounds perfect for a Miami vacation.
- Carillon Miami’s spa mixes Western, Eastern, Aesthetic, and Alternative medicines to design custom treatment plans for its guests.
And if you’re planning to stay in Miami Beach during June or July? Even better – this part of the year is known as “Miami Spa Month.” Most spas offer services at discounted prices during this time.
Enjoy Exciting Outdoor Sporting Activities
With pristine beaches and often perfect weather, you’ll likely find yourself outside all day long during your Miami vacation. If you feel like lounging by the pool all day, you’re more than welcome. But for those of you who are looking for an adventure, consider Miami’s many sporting opportunities.
- Try your hand at volleyball during your stay in Miami Beach. Many of Miami’s beaches come equipped with beach volleyball courts. We can’t think of a better way to spend your day at the beach.
- Bike along Miami Beach’s famous destinations. Home to miles of boardwalk, Miami Beach is the perfect location to take your bicycle – travel along the coast as you watch the sunrise, or stop for a quick picnic lunch. If the city is more your style, bike along Washington Avenue’s buffered bike lane.
- Golf at some of Miami Beach’s most famous golf clubs. The Miami Beach Club is the heart of the golfing community in Miami, and its sister club, The Normandy Shores Golf Club, is also worth a visit. Vacation is a wonderful time to try new things, and golf lessons would be a hole in one.
- Give water sports a go – you’re at the beach, after all. Water-skiing, parasailing, jet skiing…you name it, Miami has it. The only question is, how far out of your comfort zone are you willing to go?
Try Out Miami Beach’s Famous Beaches
You haven’t been to Miami if you haven’t visited one of its famous beaches. Miami Beach is home to some of the most luxurious coastlines in the city.
- South Beach is Miami Beach’s iconic spot. If you are only able to visit one beach on your trip, this is the one to make your list. The city’s signature Art-Deco design meets the modern skyline that has given the city its status as a modern hub, all next to miles of sand and a famous boardwalk. And you won’t have to go far; our Miami Beach location is located in the heart of South Beach!
- Lummus Park South Beach, located along Ocean Drive, is the definition of picture-perfect, with volleyball courts, bright lifeguard towers, and picturesque vistas. It has even been the site of a few movies.
- Surfside Beach is a local favorite. Known as the quieter version of North Beach, Miami residents love Surfside’s natural feel and pristine waters.
Book Your Trip
You deserve a luxurious vacation, and there is no better place than Miami Beach to relax, exit your comfort zone, and learn about different cultural experiences that exist in America – all at the same time.
With locations in the heart of Miami’s most desired spots, a visit to The Bentley Hotel South Beach – whether it’s near Lincoln Road or along Ocean Drive – will place you in the perfect location to experience all of the top Miami beach activities.
Image Source: BigStockPhoto.com (Licensed)
Related Categories: Travel, Reviews