Bowling is an exciting sport where you roll a ball towards targets at the end of a lane. It’s very popular in the US, where more than eighty million people actively participate. Generally, ten bowling pins are set up in a triangle shape to form a ‘target’ – with the largest and heaviest pin at the bottom called the ‘kingpin’. The target has to be knocked down by rolling a heavy ball from one end of the lane to the other.
How is bowling played?
Bowling is best explained with examples, so let’s take a look at how it works. We’ll use the game of ten-pin bowling as an example of this type of bowling. Ten-pin bowling is split into two halves called ‘frames’. Every player gets two chances to knock down as many pins as possible within a frame. The best score of the two gives the player their final score for that frame. Then, they have to move on to the next frame and repeat the process!
Bowling best scores
The best score you can get is a ‘strike’. A strike happens when you manage to knock all ten pins over in one go. However, the best score is a ‘perfect game’ where you manage to get strikes in every single frame. For the average player, this means rolling twelve consecutive strikes!
Perfect game scores range from 300-900 points depending on the difficulty of the lane and how heavy the ball is.
Types of bowling balls
When looking for the best bowling Pune near me, you ought to know that there are many different types of bowling balls, depending on your style and the game. Some examples include:
Lightest balls: These balls are best for beginners and people who want to create a delicate, subtle curve in their bowling.
Middleweight balls: These balls are best for players that lift regularly and have strong wrists. The weight behind these balls will help them get stronger much faster than the lighter ball.
Heaviest balls: These will give you the best score. However, they require a lot of strength, and experienced players are often able to make this work.
Bowling best things to do
Here are some things you need to keep in mind when bowling:
– Stay focused on your game. Keep your eyes on the pins at all times. Don’t think about anything else, or you might miss a pin.
– Keep an eye on your opponent’s best scores – you might have to try a bit harder to beat them!
– Practice, practice, and more practice! You’ll never master bowling if you don’t spend a lot of time honing your skills.
– Don’t play when you are tired or distracted. If you’re sleepy, have a coffee! If you are distracted by something else, take a break and come back to it later on.
– Keep your bowling balls clean at all times. A dirty bowling ball will make it much more challenging to get the best score of the game.
– Bring a bottle of water with you to keep hydrated! It’s best to avoid alcohol when you play bowling.
Image Source: BigStockPhoto.com (Licensed)
Related Categories: Entertainment, Reviews, Sports