A common air conditioning problem occurs when the room is closed, and the airflow in the house is obstructed. Most often, this problem occurs from faulty acfilters. Improper installation and maintenance methods can be other common problems for your AC. Improper air conditioner installation can lead to duct leaks and poor airflow.Therefore, before buying, be sure to buy it from a well-known residential air filter supplier such as Custom Filters Direct.
5 Common AC Problems You Could Face and Their Solutions
There are a lot of problems you could face while using AC. Among them, the 5 most common problems and their solutions are described here.
- Refrigerant Leakage: Refrigerant leaks are among the most common air conditioner problems, and they can affect the efficiency of the air conditioner. In addition, leaks can be harmful to the direct environment.
Solution: There are several ways to find a leak at home. Once detected, analyze this issue and take the necessary action to fix the leak. If there is a small leak, you easily repair it yourself. However, if the pipe error is large, you may need to change the entire network.
- Not Working or turning on: Your air conditioner may abruptly stop down with no signs such as no air flowing, the motor not working, etc. It is also not powering on.
Solution: In this case, you can do a few things to troubleshoot. First, check the batteries in your thermostat. If the battery is dead, replace it. Then make sure the cooling mode and desired temperature are set. If it does not work, you need to reset the air conditioner circuit breaker.
- Dirty Air Filter: Another typical issue would be that your AC would not produce cooler air if a filthy air filter were blocking your unit’s airflow. A clogged air filter might further freeze the condensing unit. Also, it limits the cooling efficiency of your air conditioner.
Solution: If you feel that the airflow in the air conditioner is blocked, check the air filter and try cleaning it. The filter should be cleaned every two to three weeks, and the air filter replaced every two months. The smart AC controller also helps you check your system’s filter status.
- Frozen coils:An evaporator coil packed with refrigerant might cause your air conditioner to malfunction. It works like a sponge, soaking up heat from the surrounding air. It may seem counterintuitive, but those coils require warm air to circulate in order to function effectively. Your air conditioner’s supply registers will either pump out warm air or nothing at all, depending on the setting.
Solution: To begin diagnosing this issue, examine the damage. First, you need to turn off the power. Allow the evaporator coil to defrost. It normally takes 24 hours to defrost thoroughly. Run the system in fan mode for heavy defrost.
- Making loud noises: Itcan create unappealing banging, rattling, or thumping sounds. This occurs when a blower or motor unit malfunctions. Its clicking or buzzing sounds indicate damaged electronic systems or a serious problem.
Solution: You shouldn’t ever overlook AC noise and must always contact an HVAC specialist instantly. A professional will assist you in determining the meaning of the noise and resolving the overall problem.
These are some of the most typical AC issues homeowners may encounter before or during high air conditioning operations. You should be aware ofsuch concerns as soon as possible to avoid larger air conditioner problems. Periodic air conditioning unit maintenance can aid in the identification of such underlying issues.
Image Source: BigStockPhoto.com (Licensed)
Related Categories: Home, Reviews