If you’re a beach person then having a yacht charter vacation should definitely have crossed your mind by now – and who doesn’t love lounging around in the sunshine, with the water bobbing at their feet, their favorite food and drink (and all their gear) just a few steps away? Check boat sales website to find affordable boats for your next boating adventure.
With a limited budget and everyone forced to take holidays when the schools are off during the holiday season, there is a huge rush for beach locations around the European coastline, though sites such as Plainsailing.com have availability in plenty of destinations – from Croatia, Greece and Italy to more unusual bases such as Tenerife and Montenegro.
- In Europe, you are never more than a single flight away from a proper yacht charter destination.
- Europe is an all-year-round destination for charter yachts that take advantage of the weather – with Tenerife and Gran Canaria being hot throughout the winter season.
- In Summer you are spoiled for choice, as there are numerous sailing adventure tours available throughout Europe
Greece is one of the most popular destinations for sailing in the world – the Ionian in particular is popular for its charter yacht holidays. Some of the most breathtaking calendar photographs have been shot here and probably the photos across the internet mostly originated here. The water is warm and pretty. It is clear and blue and leaves sandy white beaches where watersports are so much fun.
- There are bases all around Greece to start from but Athens and Corfu are probably the most well known.
- Sail the Greek Islands like Mykonos, Santorini and Kos or Rhodes.
- It is the best for skinny dipping, swimming, just laying under the sunny sky and enjoying the calm breeze.
The annual Sonus Festival is a one-time when people come in huge numbers. You can’t get to Pag unless you have a boat, so yacht chartering is a great option. This is also a great place for fishing charters with tuna, mahi-mahi, red snapper, amberjack and many more. As the top yacht charter destinations go, this is one to be in your bucket list.
- You can find expedition ready charter yachts.
- There are a plenty of operators here and they offer a lot of fun and splendid time to spend.
- You can find sportfishing boats here as well.
One of the most fascinating luxury charter yacht destinations is the islands south of Naples – encompassing Capri, Ischai and Procida. Sailing around here is not just beautiful but also offer private relaxation, water sports, a wide and diverse set of charter locations as well as cruising pleasure. The Amalfi Coast is synonymous with clear blue water beaches and luxury facilities.
- Take in Sorrento and Positano as well as Amalfi.
- There are often references to the Amalfi coast, which is world famous for it’s coastline.
- Capri is the place where A-Listers go to hang out, buy their Christian Dior handbags, and eat in exquisite restaurants.
Which destination takes you fancy the most? Which ones are on your bucket list?
Image Source: www.yacht-rent.com
Related Categories: Travel, Reviews