Mattress buying is no doubt a confusing and laborious task. You have to consider several things, and there’s still a chance you may not end up with the mattress of your dreams. It’s a serious task that requires self-awareness of your mattress likes and dislikes. Are you confused about how to purchase a bed? Then, use the guide questions stated below to help you.
1. How much do you want to spend on a mattress?
Indeed, we would love to spend a few thousand on the best and most high-quality mattress on the market. Still, unfortunately, this isn’t always an option for most people. Most of us have to live paycheck to paycheck and save money to purchase the bed we want.
So, before visiting any mattress store, you should first ask yourself how much is your budget for mattresses. Set a strict and precise budget that ensures you can buy a quality mattress and have money left for living and rent expenses.
2. What type of mattress do you prefer?
The answer to this second question depends on which material you prefer: memory foam, latex foam, coil springs, airbed, or a hybrid. So, it’s essential to get to know the different kinds of mattresses on the market, such as:
- Innerspring. It uses springs for its structure which results in a bounce effect. It’s a fun bed to add to a room, and it’s perfect for all ages!
- Memory Foam. It’s popular on the market due to its quality and affordability. You can enjoy the responsiveness and limited motion response with this foam.
- Latex. If you want a natural memory foam version, then get a latex mattress! It’s highly durable, has an excellent contouring effect, and more!
- Hybrid. Beds combine materials of coils, foam, and sometimes, gel. It’s one of the top bed mattress on the market due to its wide variety.
- Airbeds. Thes utilize an air pump to change the firmness level of a bed. It’s perfect for individuals who don’t stick to one class of firmness.
3. How big do you want it to be?
Look at your bedroom, and decide where you want to place the mattress. It would help if you were practical with the size of bed you purchase. Of course, you shouldn’t buy a King sized bed that can only accommodate twin beds. To accurately determine what size would go with your room, you can envision where you want to put it and use a measuring tape to get accurate measurements.
In addition to considering the size of the bedroom, you should also consider your height. You wouldn’t want to purchase a twin-sized bet but have your feet stick out of the mattress, right? In this case, search for extra-long beds that can fit someone of your height.
It would help if you also considered the mattress’s length and width. Thus, these are the common sizes of mattresses, in inches and centimeters, to guide you:
- Twin beds: 99.06×187.96 centimeters (39×74 inches)
- Twin extra-long beds: 99.06×203.2 centimeters (39×80 inches)
- California King beds: 182.88×213.36 centimeters (72×84 inches)
- King mattresses: 193.04×203.2 centimeters (76×80 inches)
- Queen mattresses: 152.4×203.2 centimeters (60×80 inches)
- Double or full beds: 137.16×187.96 centimeters (54×74 inches)
4. Do you prefer a firm or soft mattress?
The fourth question may be basic, but it’s imperative. Ask yourself if you prefer a firm, soft, or somewhere in-between mattress. It’s a question that you must answer. Since no matter how pricey and high-tech your bed is, if it doesn’t bring you comfort because of its firmness/softness level, you can’t achieve high-quality sleep.
If you aren’t sure, you can always visit brick-and-mortar stores and test out varying mattresses. Try out the types of mattresses mentioned above to get an idea of how each type feels. However, if you’d like to purchase online, you can use trial periods (check your warranty for the length).
5. What do you dislike about your current bed?
Why do you want to change your current mattress? Think of reasons why you dislike your existing mattress and list them down on a piece of paper to avoid ending up with the same or similar bed.
6. Do you sleep with a partner?
A significant factor that affects your final decision is whether or not you share a bed with someone. For example, you would want to upgrade to a king-sized bed or any bed that would fit both of you. Having a single bed to share with your partner will only lead to unrestful nights.
7. How can you return a mattress you don’t like?
You may spend days researching a mattress, but the sad reality is, there is still a chance that you may end up with a mattress you hate. Returning a bed isn’t always possible, but don’t immediately assume it’s entirely impossible. Most online retailers offer returns, and brick-and-mortar stores offer comfort guarantees!
If you find out later that you’re not 100% in love with your mattress, be sure to keep the mattress and receipts intact. Use waterproof mattress covers to rid the bed of any spills and dirt. Also, be sure to review and keep your receipts. Avoid removing the manufacturer’s label since it holds all the necessary information you’ll need to return a bed.
Achieve impeccable overall health, well-rested sleep, and comfortable nights today by asking yourself the above questions! This guide will surely help you find the mattress of your dreams. Just be sure to do your research before purchasing anything.
Related Categories: Home, Reviews, Shopping