Moving to a new home can be stressful and daunting, especially if it has to be done in the middle of the COVID-19 pandemic. With all the safety protocols that should be followed, along with the travel restrictions and stay-at-home orders, pulling off a relocation can be somehow more difficult than never.
Luckily, there are ways that can help you relocate without compromising everyone’s health and safety. These can include:
Hire Moving Professionals
Realistically speaking, the advent of COVID-19 has caused too much uncertainty in everyone’s lives. Because of this, it’s important to be careful in every step you take to ensure a safe and successful relocation. These steps can include the hiring of a long distance moving company in case you’re relocating across the state or country.
Although performing the move by yourself can be safer than working with professionals, it would be best if you seek help from people who are experienced in this kind of undertaking. Since moving has been considered by some states as an essential service, you can make sure that moving companies would impose COVID-19 protocols for the safety of everyone involved.
But, if you want to make sure you get the right company for your move, make sure your prospect provide the following protocols for the protection of their employees and customers:
- Following the local and federal guidelines on social distancing and sanitization
- Providing ways to minimize physical contact such as the conduct of virtual home surveys
- Sanitizing moving trucks and equipment on a regular basis
- Observing a safe distance among moving crew and customers
- Wearing masks, gloves, and personal protective equipment
- Loading trucks with hand sanitizers
- Following a guideline in case someone in their workforce manifests COVID-19 symptoms
With COVID-19 around the corner, it’s highly advisable not to go outside to minimize the risk of infection or transmission. Thus, if you need to go outside to purchase packing supplies, then you should get it done at once. This means you buy all the materials you need in one setting to avoid making more trips. That way, you can protect yourself and others from getting infected by the coronavirus.
Moreover, if you want your packing task to be as safe as possible, be sure to get it done at least 24 hours before the movers will arrive. Generally, the coronavirus can contaminate surfaces, including cardboard boxes for a long period of time. So, to avoid this life-threatening contamination, be sure to disinfect all your supplies and belongings before sealing the boxes. Once you’re done, try not to touch them, including other surfaces to be safe. Let the professionals handle your boxes upon their arrival.
Make Use Of Moving Apps
Well, moving home doesn’t mean you go outside to accomplish your relocation tasks. If you’re worried about getting yourself exposed to COVID-19, you may consider using some relocation apps to tackle some projects. With these applications, you don’t need to go anywhere to get things done. Just download the app, use it for whatever purpose, and you’re good to go. Some popular moving apps can include:
- MoveAdvisor: Using this software can help you stay organized with your move. It comes with some features that allow you to create a detailed moving checklist along with their deadlines. Also, if you’re going to hire one of the best moving companies available in your area, this app can help. It allows you to browse through a list of companies along with their information with ease, making the hiring process a more seamless one.
- Zillow: If you’re looking for a new home during the pandemic, you don’t have to go outside and check some options physically. By installing this app, you can have access to a variety of home listings. Just know what you need and you can choose the best in the fastest time possible without exposing yourself to coronavirus.
- LetGo: When moving, you’d probably sort your things out and find some items which are unnecessary. Instead of holding a garage sale in the neighborhood to get rid of these things, you can download this app and post these items for sale. Just take some photos of it, add a brief description and a price, and post. This is an easy and safe way of getting rid of your unwanted stuff when moving home during the pandemic.
Be Prepared For The Moving Day
Indeed, moving day can be the most challenging part of the entire process. With the arrival of the movers at your house, you need to be prepared in keeping yourself and everyone safe. You can do this through the following:
- Wear a mask and a pair of gloves throughout the relocation
- Keep a safe distance from other people in the premises
- Avoid touching anything to avoid contamination
- Sanitize hands from time to time
The Bottom Line
Whether you’re moving across town or long distance, follow the tips mentioned above and you’ll feel more confident that your relocation is safe. Remember, COVID-19 can be a life-threatening disease, which is why it’s important to err on the side of caution to avoid serious problems.
Image Source: BigStockPhoto.com (Licensed)
Related Categories: Home, Reviews