Many studies have shown how beneficial CBD can be for health, this compound from hemp has undoubtedly become very famous in recent years, due to the great uses and therapeutic effects they have.
However, what not many people know is that this compound can be consumed in many different ways, from the usual CBD joints or vapers to edibles and smoothies. So if you are one of those people who like to experiment in the kitchen, today we will be teaching you how to prepare smoothies with the best organic CBD oil.
What is CBD and how it works
Cannabidiol, better known as CBD, is a compound extracted from the hemp flower. This compound has been proven to have many benefits, among which we can find that CBD helps from reducing pain, stress, and anxiety, to affecting different diseases such as diabetes, Parkinson’s, among others.
This CBD works in the human body through the cannabinoid system, which is a system found in different parts of the body. It has certain receptors, which when cannabidiol maintains contact with them, certain effects are triggered on the area.
Steps to prepare the shake with CBD
Something important to mention is that this recipe has two steps; first, you must prepare the hemp-based milk, which is the one that will have the compound itself; after preparing the milk is that you proceed to prepare the shake as such. Therefore, we will be explaining both procedures so that you can make the best CBD-based shake.
Preparing CBD milk
The ingredients you will need to prepare the milk are:
- 3 to 5 grams of hemp flower.
- Fine filter
- 250 ml of whole milk or almond milk
Now, to prepare this milk you must follow the following steps:
- With the help of the grinder, chop the hemp as fine as you can. Depending on the potency of your weed, between 3 and 5 grams will be enough. The better you grind the hemp, the more cannabinoids can be extracted from it.
- Pour the milk into the saucepan over medium heat. Heat until it starts to boil slightly.
- Lower the heat and gradually add the chopped hemp while stirring.
- Let the milk and hemp simmer for one hour, stirring occasionally.
- After one hour, remove the saucepan from the heat and let the mixture cool. Strain the milk through a fine strainer to separate the hemp residue.
- The hemp milk is ready to be stored in a jar and put in the fridge.
Preparation of the shake with CBD
Now that you already have hemp milk, making CBD based shakes will be much easier, you must get the following extra ingredients and follow the steps that we will explain below:
The ingredients you will need are:
- Ice chips
- Ice cream
- Hemp milk
- Fruit, chocolate syrup, chocolate bars, cookies, among others.
Now, the magic of creating this CBD-based smoothie is explained with the following steps:
- Chop up a few ice cubes with the blender. The ice will make the shake cool and frosty, but if you want a smooth and creamy shake you can skip this step.
- Add several scoops of ice cream into the blender cup. It is usually recommended that it be the best quality ice cream, as for flavor, vanilla always gives good results. If you want to experiment you can use frozen yogurt or sorbet instead.
- After placing the ice cream, you should pour in the cannabis milk while stirring. You can give the blender a couple of seconds. Add more milk if the mixture is too thick or more ice cream if it is too liquid to your liking.
- Next, you should add any flavors to the mixture. It could be anything from frozen fruit, strawberries, or bananas for example, to chocolate syrups, chocolate syrup, chocolate bars, crackers, cookies, among many others.
- Then you must beat the mixture for several seconds.
- Finally, you should serve the CBD shake in large glasses that you have previously stored in the refrigerator. You can decorate the shakes with cream or pieces of fruit or cookies.
As you can see, CBD can work for more than just a simple smoke, there are many ways to consume this product, including through tasty shakes that you can prepare from the comfort of your home.
Image Source: BigStockPhoto.com (Licensed)
Related Categories: CBD, Reviews