Vaping emerged in the early 2000s, initially embraced by nicotine smokers as an exciting new alternative to cigarettes. Today, vaping has become a worldwide pastime, available to smokers of nicotine, cannabis, medicinal herbs, and even oxygen!
Vape juice is now available in virtually every flavor, and can be enjoyed using a huge range of batteries, making vaping one of the most versatile methods of consuming nicotine.
While vaping is already an established mainstream hobby, many consumers still aren’t sure what exactly is in their vape juice. Ultimately, this simple guide covers everything you need to know about vape flavors and what’s inside your juice.
What Is Vape Juice/E-Liquid?
Vape juice, commonly referred to as e-liquid, comprises 90% vegetable glycerine (a plant-based liquid-alcohol) or propylene glycol (liquid alcohol), depending on the preference of the manufacturer. Without producing vapor on its own, the VG/PG must be diluted with a small amount of water. The final 10% of a typical vape juice formula will include nicotine and commonly food-grade flavorings. Not to mention, nicotine content will vary depending on the desired potency.
Is E-Liquid Safe to Inhale?
The debate surrounding vaping has centered almost entirely around its safety, with opponents of the trend citing possible respiratory complications resulting from inhaling vape juice.
That said, the studies have not been in-depth nor representative of the adverse effects of vape juice. Luckily, despite a few reports of health issues possibly aggravated by consuming black-market e-juices, both vegetable glycerine and propylene glycol are deemed safe by the FDA and considered safe* to inhale in vapor form.
*Note: While both common e-juice bases are considered safe, some individuals may experience mild allergic reactions to propylene glycol, so vegetable glycerine may be safer for general use.
Does Vape Juice Expire?
Both vegetable glycerine and propylene glycol have a shelf-life of approximately two years. Still, added flavor and nicotine can cause premature oxidation, reducing the potency of the juice.
Keeping your e-liquid in a cool, dark place will help to slow aging and keep your liquid fresh for longer. If you notice that your e-liquid has changed colors, developed a smell, separated, or formed crystals, your juice is likely expiring.
How Do Vape Juices Get Their Flavor?
To ensure that vape juices are safe for human consumption, vape manufacturers add food grade flavor concentrates to their vape juices. The flavored concentrates used in e-liquids are the same as those used in candy, soda, baked goods, and virtually every other processed food item found on market shelves. Check a few things in your pantry, and we can almost guarantee you’ll find at least one mention of ‘natural and artificial flavorings’ on their ingredient lists.
Some concentrates are pre-mixed to smell or taste like a naturally occurring flavor, such as mint. That said, mixologists must formulate a blend of various concentrates for most flavor profiles. Mixologists spend years perfecting the perfect vape flavors to introduce to their customers, going through hundreds of formulas to find the ideal blend. Do you have a hard time deciding which vape juice is right for you? Try the best vape juice taste.
Trying Incredible Vape Juice Flavors
Whether you have a strong sweet tooth, love natural fruit flavors, or like to go for the good old fashioned scent of tobacco, there’s a vape flavor out there that will suit your unique tastes.
If you don’t want to commit to one right away, you can even sample vape juice flavors from The Dollar E-Juice Club before you buy to pinpoint the perfect flavor for you. DJC makes it easy to try various flavors and determine your favorites.
Here are just some of the many vape flavor categories you can choose from:
- Creamy: Creamy flavors taste sweet, rich, and smooth, and include amazing options like strawberry milk and banana pudding!
- Candy: Indulge your inner kid with sweet and sour candy-inspired flavors like blue raspberry and Skittles inspired rainbow candy.
- Fruity: Refreshing and bright, fruity vape juice flavors are perfect for a day by the pool when you wouldn’t mind sipping on a strawberry lemonade or enjoying a tropical mango.
- Menthol/Mint: If you have ever wondered ‘is menthol the same as mint?’ Well, we’ve got answers! No, they aren’t the same, but mint can be menthol! Menthol is technically the sensation that you experience when consuming something with menthol, that cold, icy feeling you get when you inhale. Mint is a natural flavor like peppermint, spearmint, etc. Both mint and menthol can be combined with other flavors.
- Tobacco: Tobacco flavoring is another popular e-juice option that can be used on its own or combined with other flavors like vanilla to create a sweet tobacco.
Image Source: BigStockPhoto.com (Licensed)
Related Categories: Smoking, Reviews