Here is a brief overview of the most important tax forms that the IRS sends out to citizens each year.


You submit this form to the IRS when you file your taxes each year. This is also known as the personal income tax forms.

What is included on the form


All your income. Everything you earned. Even money that you made on the side. If you received income from renting your home out, that’s income that must be reported.

The tax rates you pay

There is a flat rate that you pay regardless of your income. However, there are several different brackets. These brackets will determine how much you owe in taxes each year. You will need to fill out your taxes based on your income.

Tax deductions

Work-related expenses can be deducted. This is called the Schedule A line on 1040.

These are common expenses such as mortgage payments, rent payments, or payments to health clubs.

If you don’t have enough deductions to offset your income, you may be able to claim exemptions. This means you can get rid of a certain percentage of your income.

When is it due?

You need to file this form by April 15th. After this date, you will no longer be allowed to claim the various deductions you are entitled to.


You submit this form to your employer when you earn wages. This is also known as the W2 form.

What is it used for?

You must include a W-2 form every year you file your taxes. This is because it contains information about your earnings that year.


You submit this form to your employer when you are paid under the table. This is also known as the W-4 form.

What is it used for?

If you were paid less than $600, you must submit this form. You must list the amounts that you are entitled to.


This is the form that you submit to the IRS when you are receiving unemployment benefits. This is also known as the W-3 form.

What is it used for?

This form helps you to avoid paying the penalty for being paid too much money for unemployment benefits.

Form SSA-1099

You submit this form to the Social Security Administration when your employer pays you.

Form SSA-1095

You submit this form to the Social Security Administration if you are self-employed.

What is it used for?

This form helps you to receive additional benefits.

detail view of an income tax form about to be completed

IRS 1040EZ form

The IRS 1040EZ form is the best-known tax form in the USA. Millions of people file their taxes through this form every year. IRS has created a special type of this form, called 1040EZ, which allows taxpayers to deduct only a few types of expenses.

How to Write the IRS 1040EZ Form Correctly

First, before you start writing, you should ensure that you have the correct address of your IRS form and the right zip code. You can download a blank IRS form here. You can also get more details about the IRS 1040EZ form here.

When you finish writing your IRS 1040EZ form, you should print out the form.

Now you are ready to send your IRS form to the IRS. This is very simple – just go to your local Post Office, drop the IRS form in a mailbox, and pay the $1 to USPS. That’s all. Now your IRS form is submitted, and you will get a copy of your IRS form by mail.

Should I take the standard deduction or itemize it

So you’re filing for taxes this year, and you’ve got a big decision to make. What should you do? Should you take the standard deduction or itemize it? Here’s what you need to know.

What Is The Standard Deduction?

The standard deduction is a way to reduce your tax liability when filing your taxes. It is a set amount that is automatically deducted from your taxable income. So if you don’t itemize your deductions, you won’t have to worry about how much of a deduction you can take.

While the standard deduction is pretty straightforward, it’s a complex number. The standard deduction amount will depend on several factors, including how much you make each year and whether you file your taxes through the Individual Income Tax or the Self-Employed Income Tax.

How Much Do You Have to Earn Each Year?

To figure out the amount of the standard deduction, you first have to determine how much you can deduct each year. There are two different ways you can calculate your deductible expenses.

One way is to figure out your adjusted gross income (AGI), which is your taxable income minus any non-taxable amounts. For example, your AGI might be $30,000, but you have $5,000 medical expenses. So you have $25,000 in taxable income. You subtract $5,000 from that, and you’ll get your taxable income.

The second way to calculate your deductible expenses is to determine how much an expense is itemized. If you are deducting medical expenses, you can look at your medical expenses and decide whether you want to itemize them. If you want to itemize, then you can multiply that figure by 20% to get your deductible expenses.

Here is an example of how both methods work. Let’s say that you have $30,000 in taxable income, and your medical expenses are $7,500. In the first scenario, we would subtract the medical expenses from the taxable income and then divide that by $20,000. So the taxable income would be $23,500, which means that our deductible medical expenses would be $7,500, which would make up the entirety of the standard deduction.

In the second scenario, you’d multiply the figure of your medical expenses ($7,500) by 20%. So $7,500 x.2 = $1,475, which is the amount you can claim as a medical expense deduction.

How Do You File Your Taxes?

Once you’ve figured out your deductible expenses, the next step is to determine how you want to file your taxes. There are two different options: you can use the Individual Income Tax, or you can use the Self-Employed Income Tax.

For most people, using the Individual Income Tax is the best way. This is because if you are a single person, you don’t have to file a return, and if you are married, filing jointly, you can only claim the standard deduction. Using the Individual Income Tax will help you avoid filing any additional paperwork, and you will get a refund faster.

How to fill out your own tax return

When it comes to filling out your own taxes, there are a few things that you should keep in mind. Make sure your personal information is correct. Filling out your tax return, it is very important to have your name, address, Social Security Number, etc., all correct.

You will also need to include all of the information from your paychecks. These include your name, address, date of birth, and any other deductions that were taken from your paycheck. Once you have your information, you should ensure that you have every deduction you took from your paychecks.

When filing as a single person, you will need to ensure that your spouse is added as an additional taxpayer. This is because it is not allowed for a married couple to file a joint tax return. You can also file for a “Head of Household” status. If you are planning to file as a head of household, you must provide proof that you lived in your home full-time.

Once you have the correct information, you should go to the section of the form where you indicate any income that you received from other sources. This includes wages, interest, dividends, pension and annuity payments, alimony, and income from Social Security benefits. When filing as a married couple, you will need to make sure that the two of you add up all of your income. If you are filing as a single person, you only need to add up all your income.

After you have added up all of your income, you will have to calculate your income tax rate. You can find it on the back of your 1040. You can also find this rate on the IRS website, which explains how to calculate it. The first step is to determine your adjusted gross income (AGI). AGI is your total income, less any itemized deductions you have taken.

AGI = Income – Deductions

Once you have calculated your AGI, you can use the Tax Table to find your tax rate.

Tax Rate = AGI x.10

Once you have calculated your tax rate, you can then use the Tax Table on the back of your 1040 to find what your tax should be.

What tax forms are needed

If you’re living and working in the United States, there are certain federal income tax forms that you need to file annually. The IRS requires that these forms be filed within 15 days of the end of each calendar year.

The first thing you need to know when filing your tax returns is whether you are required to file a return. If you’re a U.S. citizen or resident alien, and you had an earned income of $400 or more during the year, you must file a Federal Tax Return. The only exception is if you are considered an exempt individual (this includes full-time students), but you still need to file a return.

As a nonresident alien, you are not required to file a tax return. If your adjusted gross income was $200 or more during the year, you must report any foreign source income on your return.

You must file your taxes quickly, as you will be issued a penalty if you do not file within three months after the return is due. This penalty is calculated using the applicable rate of interest. If the interest rate is 0% or 4%, the penalty is $1,000 per late return. If the interest rate is 2% or 6%, the penalty is $500 per late return.

In addition, if you did not file a return, you will be required to pay a late filing penalty of 25% of the unpaid tax. If you do not pay your tax by the due date, you can also be subject to penalties and interest.

Additionally, you will have to pay the penalty if you do not have your return properly prepared. A professional preparer can help you complete your taxes and save you money.


The IRS offers many different tax forms, which may seem overwhelming. The IRS offers more than 100 different tax forms, making it difficult to know what you need to complete your tax return. There are some tax forms that you can complete online using your bank account. However, some require a paper version. To complete your tax return properly, it is necessary to know what forms are needed, how to locate them, and where to find them.

Image Source: (Licensed)


Related Categories: Money, Reviews