What if we tell you some simple and effective bodyweight exercises that you can do anywhere without requiring any gym equipment? Sounds interesting, right?
You no longer need to rush to the gym since you can perform these exercises even in your living room. However, if you are looking for high-quality fitness equipment, you should head on to https://www.northernfitness.ca/
You can save yourself some money if you know how to perform bodyweight workouts. Bodyweight exercises use an individual’s body weight to produce resistance and improve balance, flexibility, endurance, and coordination. This article will present a list of various bodyweight exercises that you can practice easily at home.
So, let’s get acquainted with them, and start your bodyweight workouts today!
It is an effective way to exercise your full body. Here is how you can do it:
- Keep your forearms on the floor while you lie facedown with your hands clasped and elbows under your shoulders.
- Take your legs behind you and lift your knees, putting weight on the balls of your hands and feet.
- Make sure your back is straight and core tightened while you hold the position for one minute.
Push-ups provide your biceps, triceps, and chest with an effective workout.
- Begin with placing your hands under your shoulders and your knees under your hips. Raise your knees as you extend your legs back, putting weight on balls of hands and feet.
- Bend elbows while lowering your chest to the ground. Push yourself back up to return to the initial position.
- Ensure your elbows are placed close to your body.
It is a great way to strengthen your muscles, especially glutes, hamstrings, and quads.
- Stand with your hands on hips and feet placed at hip-width distance.
- Bring your right leg forward and gradually lower your body until your left knee is near or touches the ground. Make sure your knee is bent at least 90 degrees.
- Straighten your knee to return to the initial position and repeat it on the left side.
- Lie on the ground with face-up and hands clenched behind your head.
- Bring your knees close to your chest and raise your head, shoulders, and neck from the ground.
- Turn your upper body toward the right side while bringing your left elbow to the right knee and extending your left leg simultaneously.
- Return to your starting position and repeat it for the other side.
This exercise will give your abs and oblique a good workout. So, make sure to add it to your workout routine.
Squats work your glutes, hamstrings, upper back, and abdominal muscles. Here is how you can get better at it.
- Place your feet parallel and your legs a little turned out.
- Next, gradually bend your knees and lower down your hips until thighs are parallel to the ground.
- Be sure not to lift your heels from the floor.
- Straighten your knees to come back to your start position and do 15-20 reps.
You can have an effective abs workout with reverse crunches. Here is how you do it:
- Lie face-up with feet raised to ceiling and arms placed on the floor in a V-position with palms facing down.
- Gradually lift your hips one to two inches, taking your legs upward and toward the chest. Slowly bring yourself back to the starting position and do 15 reps.
This is one of the most effective full-body exercises you can perform at your home.
- Place your feet shoulder-width apart and arms by your sides.
- Bend the knees and move forward to keep your hands on the floor.
- Extend your legs behind you and bend at your elbows to lower your body to the floor.
- Next, push your body upward using your arms and jump up, bringing your legs back under your body.
- Jump as high as you can before getting back in the push-up position.
- Lie on the floor with your face-up, knees bent, and feet at a hip-width distance.
- Raise your hips and spine while your hands are resting by your side. Make sure you place your head, arms, shoulders, and feet on the floor.
- Then, lift your leg and keep your core tightened.
- Gradually lower your leg and then lift it back up.
- Do 10 reps for each leg before lowering your spine back onto the ground.
The Bottom Line
Knowing how to perform bodyweight exercises will save you from spending on expensive gym memberships or fitness equipment. You can easily do these exercises anywhere and make them a part of your daily workout routine.
The beauty of a bodyweight workout is that it is efficient and offers impressive outcomes. It helps boost your performance and enhances flexibility and strength. So, make these effective bodyweight exercises a part of your daily routine and start achieving your fitness goals!
Image Source: BigStockPhoto.com (Licensed)